Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Garlic Chicken w/ Bow Tie Pasta


submitted by KMcF
I love this recipe first and foremost because the ingredients are fairly common, which means I had them on hand! Second because it was delicious! I have two picky eaters in this house and both of them told me to add it to the "Carver Family Cookbook". I don't know if they used my maiden name because it wasn't Fey worthy or what, but I still took it as a compliment! The only time I ever use pasta is for sphaghetti, so I was excited to incooperate another delicious dish.
P.S. Picture might not give it justice, I can't say I am the best at presentation, or taking pictures!
1 Tb olive Oil
1 lb. chicken breasts(boneless and skinless)
1 tsp. Salt
1 Tb olive oil
6-8 cloves garlic
1/2 lb mushrooms(I cut these out)
1/2 c green onions
3/4 c red or orange sweet peppers
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1/2 c chicken broth
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
2 c dry bow tie pasta(cook as directed)
1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
parmesan cheese
1. Fry chicken in oil over medium heat untill done. Sprinkly with salt and remove from skillet, but keep warm
2. Cook garilic in oil till golden. Add mushrooms, green onions and peppers-- cook 2 mins. Add tomatoes, broth, red pepper, cornstarch and salt. Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer 5 mins. Remove from heat.
3. Combine chicken, hot mixture, pasta and cilantro. Sprinkle with parmesan to your liking

No comments:

Post a Comment